Header

Adventures And Restoration Of Our 1973 Travco 220 Motorhome

Monday, May 21, 2012

Fuel Tank Part Two

We are starting to make a ton of progress. The fuel tank is not yet fully complete but I thought I would keep you up-to date on my progress. This project will be the first for my new/used Mig Welder.

Pretty basic tools for the job. 

Fuel tank back from the sand Blaster

Problem: The rust was through the tank in two locations

The smaller of the two holes

Old cut-out section above and new patch to the left

Fitting the patch

First weld with the new welder. Looks like I need a little practice

Number Two

Fitting number two

The new welder. Also notice the panel clamps holding the tank together.
Bought them from Harbor Freight

All tacked together





No comments:

Post a Comment